Tales of my furniture makeovers and great DIY projects...

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Two-Toned Table!

For the life of me I cannot find my before picture.  Ack!  The worse part is that I knew I took one!  I love the shape of this table and the metal middle part just gives it some extra charm.
 
Here is my first after picture:
 
 
I painted this in Old White and Duck Egg Blue, topped with clear wax.  Then I added some great glass like knobs on the top drawer.  As I stood back taking pictures, I realized that all I could see was the wood inside.  Fail  (did you notice my other fail?  I just noticed I only put one knob back on on the door!)
 
I painted the inside Old White to make the metal doors really pop.
 
 
Now, after another redo:
 
 
Much better, huh?
 
I also wanted to share a quick project I did.  I'm really trying to fill my new space with more decorative items now, I've got the furniture.  I found a few great tutorials on how to make burlap wreaths.  I kind of combined them to suit my tastes and ended up with a fabulous looking wreath.  This one is a beige burlap with vintage-y black writing on it.  I also bought some orange burlap and made some for fall.  I hung it around this old window I found and just touched up with some Old White and a bunch o' sanding.  I think I"ll sell it as a set, plus it'll look great in my space!
 
 
Sharing at:
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. love this one, rebecca! the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of Duck Egg Blue and Old White! Very pretty result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darling, I can see this in so many rooms. Would be great in a babies nursery. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job!!! Duck egg is my favorite color!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete