Tales of my furniture makeovers and great DIY projects...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A donation...

My oldest daughter attends Loyola University Maryland where she has always been involved in campus activities.  Because Loyola is a community service oriented college, many of her activities are community service oriented. 

Although we have had a major disagreement about this one, I can't blame her for wanting to go on a mission trip.  It's very expensive and the school puts on a big auction every year to help pay for this mission trip.  Read more about it here:  Project Mexico Auction

So, although I don't have much money to give, I always have an extra piece (s!) of furniture around, I decided to refinish a table and donate it for auction to help the students on their mission.

In my haste to complete it, I forgot to take a before pic, but I think most of us have seen this style of table some time or another.  It's normally in a dark cherry color with a gaudy drawer pull.  I painted it in my latest fav, ASCP Louis Blue,  heavily distressed it, put on a wax topcoat and topped her off with a pretty glass drawer pull.  



When I posted this on my FB page just to add to my "album" I had some gaga remarks over it, so I'm hoping that it sells for a big fat chunk of change and it helps the Loyola students on their mission!




4 comments:

  1. Love the color and distressing! Thanks for linking up to Habitat Heros and for your donation to a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks beautiful, rebecca and what a great cause!!!
    where in frederick are you located? we should meet up some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the wonderful auction piece and thanks for the update, too!

    ReplyDelete