Tales of my furniture makeovers and great DIY projects...

Saturday, June 9, 2012

What's a table without chairs??

Right?  When I first found and redid this table it really didn't occur to me that selling it would be a problem without chairs.  I mean, who doesn't like to scour second hand stores looking for chairs?  Well, suprisingly, some people don't.  They like sets.  So, a set is what I decided to give them.

So, I scoured second hand stores, Craigslist, and yard sales.  I found these on Craigslist, but they were a bit too expensive for my taste.  So, in true form, I emailed the seller and offered a crazy low price with the promise of picking them up that day.  I would say this works maybe a fraction of the time, but if you don't ask, you never know.  Luckily, it worked in this case.  The seller just wanted them gone and wanted to make a bit o' cash.  They don't exactly match that gorgeous dark walnut top and Pure White body, huh?


But, look at them, classic style and solid wood.  Perfect.  The first thing I did was strip and sand the seat of the chairs so they could be restained that beautiful dark walnut color.


I think everyone in my neighborhood is probably getting sick of hearing my sander!

So, I stained and painted, stained and painted, well you get the gist.  Looks like a seemingly small job, not a lot of painting to do.  Wrong.  Chairs are a total pain.  I will probably not do anymore for a while unless I can spray them because they are TIME CONSUMING!

But, it was definately worth it.  After some distressing and waxing, they turned out so beautiful and updated.


And, talk about a set.  This set looks like it was made together.  Remember the table from before??


Now, it's a beautiful dining set.  Hmmm, would I be a horder if I had two different table sets in my kitchen?  Is that how it begins??


Sharing at:









4 comments:

  1. I've been on that very same chair search. And they are not fun to paint. But then sometimes people surprise me and don't want a whole set. .... Your set looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, hate painting chairs too, but this set looks like it was make for each other, just lovely.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I plan to do my table like that sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those chairs could not be more perfect for that table!

    ReplyDelete