Tales of my furniture makeovers and great DIY projects...

Thursday, October 27, 2011

My first post on my new blog with a small DIY project

I was having a really hard time following my old website and it really wasn't very user friendly.  I've decided to make a switch and am still slowly testing it out and changing it.  I thought I'd start with a short DIY project I did.  This idea is all over blogland, so I can't take credit for it (although I'd love to!). 

I found this twin size headboard at Goodwill a while ago.  It was literally hidden by pile of metal bed frames.  And, best of all, it was $5.  How could I resist?  I knew I didn't need a bed but decided to try out the idea of a chalkboard/coatrack for my entryway.  Yes, I really do redo things and actually keep them for myself!

I dragged out my husbands power saw, or whatever it is you call it, and cut off the legs so they were even with the actual board part. I then sanded, primed and painted it Heirloom White by Rustoleum.  Luckily for me, there was already a nice molded box in the middle, so I painted on 3 coats of chalkboard paint.  I found some great hooks that I added to the bottom.  How cute is this for an entryway?  A great place to hang the coats, backpacks, snowpants, etc...while leaving a different note on the chalkboard everyday.  Whadda ya think:


I love that I stumbled across this idea and that this hunk of wood isn't in a landfill somewhere, but hanging in my living room!

Have you tried any DIY projects that you've discovered on the web?

I'm linking up to these great sites:

1 comment: