Tales of my furniture makeovers and great DIY projects...

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A new coffee table!

Well, not for me, but for someone!  I originally bought this with my mom in mind.  She needed a new coffee table and I knew this had good bones.  Her new dining table has the dark stained top and white legs, so I thought it would go nice.  She really like it, but unfortunately it's a bit too big for her small apartment.

This was it before:


I found it at Goodwill hiding behind a few other tables.  The leg was wobbly, the top was dirty and the color was just blah.  But, I loved the wood slat look on the top and knew it would be great stained darker.  So, I stripped off the top:


I got out my new favorite Rustoleum Dark Walnut Stain and some ASCP in Old White. I also fixed the wobbly leg, turns out a screw was just loose.  Boy, I know the feeling... Check out this pretty top now:


And, the whole table, which really looks completely different!


I'll have some great pictures for you this weekend, I know I've been MIA for a while again, but I've been super busy fixing up my outside spaces!  Let's just say it involved flowers, LOTS of stain, a moment where I got to prove myself RIGHT to my husband and a little homemade pallet table on wheels!  Stay tuned...









1 comment:

  1. Really like what you've done. Have a similar piece i'm sanding at the moment and think i'll "borrow" your idea. Thanks

    ReplyDelete